Saturday, August 7, 2010


I made this quilt for an auction at my children's school. It's on my daughter's bed just to show the size. Each child in Olaina's class drew a self-portrait. I think it came out beautiful. I am going to make a pillow sham for the auction winner since I have left over material.
It was my first experience playing around with Photoshop. This project was my justification for buying it!!! It took me a couple of days to figure it out. Granted I didn't read instructions that came with it!! : ) But I used it to brighten up the drawings and remove an stray lines.
I think I am going to make something similar to this for each of the grandparents for Christmas...have the grandkids make self-potraits and other drawings and make each of them a lapquilt.

2 comments:

  1. I think the reason I didn't notice this immediately is that it's not titled like your previous post "It's Friday" ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. My grand plans of completing some quilts for the grandparents for Christmas so didn't happen. That's what happens when you're working and have three children!! : )

    ReplyDelete